South of the Border Profile Pizza with Eggplant Crust
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Number of Servings: 1
Serving Size: One pizza
- 1 package Profile Vegetarian Chili w/Beans
- 5 Grape tomatoes-cut into 4th
- ½ Green Bell Pepper- thinly sliced
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Dash of Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp minced Garlic or Granulated Garlic
- 1 –slice of Eggplant 3” in diameter cut into a ½ inch round (1-Eggplant 3” in diameter can make 4- ½ inch rounds)
- 1/4 tsp Olive Oil-per pizza round
- 1 ¾ T Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
- 1/8 of an Avocado finely mashed
- 1-cup of Shredded Romaine Lettuce plus additional greens to complete your salad
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with Pam spray or line with parchment paper.
- Toss eggplant round, grape tomatoes, and sliced Bell Pepper with ¼ tsp. of olive oil.
- Sprinkle veggies with cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder, and minced garlic.
- Roast veggies 10 minutes till almost tender.
- Remove from oven, leaving eggplant round on baking sheet.
- Prepare the Vegetarian Chili with Beans as directed on package.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and bell pepper slices to the mixture, top eggplant round with this mixture.
- Top with fat free shredded cheddar cheese and broil until cheese is melted and bubbles.
- Top pizza round with shredded romaine lettuce and mashed avocado (optional)
South of the Border Profile Pizza recipe is written to make one pizza as one serving on Reboot Reduce for lunch. If you wish to make additional
servings to serve your family you can use 1 package. Profile Vegetarian Chili with Beans per Eggplant round and add the veggies and spices the same
amount for each pizza.
Profile Exchange: 1 meal replacement, 2 cups veggies; 1.5 fat servings
Photo courtesy of paleyellow.net