Skinny Green Bean Casserole
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Number of Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can of Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans of French cut green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 T Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 small yellow onion, washed, peeled
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2-egg whites
- 2 sprays (4 seconds) olive oil/vegetable oil spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees*
- Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray or line with parchment paper, set aside.
- Slice the yellow onion into very thin rings and separate.
- Place 2 egg whites in a bowl and whip to loosen up.
- Place Panko bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip the onion rings in the egg whites and then again in the Panko bread crumbs to lightly coat the onion rings.
- Place on a baking sheet and spray all onion rings with a light coating of vegetable oil spray.
- Bake until browned but not too dark, about 10 minutes; watch closely.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Panko may fall off the rings just include it all in the mix.
- In a mixing bowl, combine soup concentrate, almond milk, black pepper, low-sodium soy sauce, and onion powder; stir to combine.
- Add green beans that have been drained and rinsed to remove 1/3 of the sodium.
- Pour bean mixture into a casserole pan that has been coated with vegetable oil spray.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Place onions on top of casserole and bake at 350 for another 15-20 minutes or until bubbly hot, if onions brown too quickly cover with foil last 10 minutes
- Serve hot.
Profile Exchange: 1 cup vegetable, 2 free foods
Photo courtesy of: Fit Sugar