Salmon with Pepita-Lime Butter
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Number of Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1 salmon fillet
- 2 T unsalted pepitas (unroasted pumpkin seeds)
- 1 T butter
- ½ tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 2 T Lime juice
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1-pound salmon fillet skinned and cut into 4 portions
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly ground pepper
- Toast pepitas.
- Place in a small bowl with butter, lime zest, lime juice and chili powder.
- Generously coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook until browned and just cooked through in the center, 2-4 minutes per side. Remove the pan
from the heat.
- Transfer the salmon to a plate. Add the butter-lime mixture to the hot pan; stir until the butter is melted.
- Serve the salmon topped with the sauce.
Profile Exchange: 4 oz. very lean protein, 2 fat servings
Source: WebMD.com/recipes; original source www.eatingwell.com/2011-2012