Rich Chocolate Brownies
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Number of Servings: 16
Serving Size: 2″ pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Sugar Substitute blend for baking to equal 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Garnish: 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional) dark chocolate ganache
- raspberry puree
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan with vegetable oil spray.
- In a bowl, stir together unsweetened applesauce, sugar substitute blend, and vanilla. Add egg substitute or egg whites and blend well with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, and stir to combine. Add dry ingredients into egg mixture and stir just to combine.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of the pan. When brownies have cooled drizzle
with raspberry puree and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
- Finish with a drizzle of dark chocolate ganache. When set cut into 2-inch pieces and place on dessert tray. To serve as individual desserts drizzle a
dessert plate with raspberry puree, top with brownie, and drizzle with dark chocolate ganache. Finish by adding a sprinkle of tasted walnuts.
Profile Exchange: trace fat; ¾ of a starch serving; trace protein; adds 66 discretionary calories to an eating plan not recommended in reboot
Photo courtesy of Ann Marie Kostyk.