Lemon Pesto Pasta Salad
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe | Submitted by Reenie Brown
- 1 box Profile Pasta
- 2 ½ cups chopped broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup finely chopped purple onion
- 2 cups snow pea pods chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ fresh lemon
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons basil (fresh or dried)
- 1 ½ oz. shredded parmesan cheese
- Place frozen Profile pasta in colander and rinse with warm water till thawed and separated then quickly change water to cold and rinse slightly.
- Drain well & pat dry.
- Place in bowl and break into smaller pieces.
- Add onion, broccoli slaw, pea pods, garlic, olive oil, minced garlic, cheese, vinegar and basil.
- Squeeze juice from the fresh lemon and then add zest from the ½ lemon.
- Toss till coated. Chill in refrigerator till ready to serve.
Profile Exchange per serving: 2 oz. very lean protein + 1 ½ cups vegetable + 1 fat + 1 free item + 1 starch