Dark Chocolate Ginger Cookies
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe
Number of Servings: 24
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- 4 T butter
- 2 small bananas ripe and mashed
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- Sugar Substitute blend for baking (equal to 1/2 cup of sugar)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 T while whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 T dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3.5 oz 70% cocoa dark chocolate bar, fine chop
- 3 T sugar in the raw
- Fine finishing salt (optional)
- Cream margarine, banana, brown sugar and sugar substitute by hand or with a mixer. In a medium bowl measure out your dry ingredients and add to wet
- Add the chopped dark chocolate bar. Place contents in the freezer and freeze up to 2 hours.
- Roll cookies into 1 ” balls and roll in raw sugar. Refrigerate again for 20 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cookies begin to crack.
The longer the cookies bake the firmer they will be, but these are a soft cookie.
Profile Exchange: 1 and 1/2 starch servings
Photo courtesy of My Natural Family.