Crocktober Recipe #8 – Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe | Submitted by Lindsey Bryan, Certified Profile Coach - Knoxville, TN
The air is crisp, the leaves are changing color and the cool fall breeze lets us open all our windows and enjoy the season. Whether you're curling up with a good book in your sweatpants by the fireplace or carving pumpkins with your kids on a blustery autumn afternoon, we can all agree: there's lots to love about fall! Perhaps the most underrated facet of fall is the food. Fall is slow cooker season and Profile is excited to celebrate the month of 'Crocktober' by releasing a new crock pot recipe every Tuesday and Thursday in October. So prep your food, set it and forget it with amazing 'Crocktober' recipes from Profile!
• 2 lb Sirloin steak or boneless beef chuck, thin roast
• 1 (12 oz.) bag Broccoli florets, frozen
• 3 Garlic cloves
• 1 medium onion or green onion, diced
• 1 cup Low Sodium Beef broth
• 1/2 cup Soy sauce, low sodium
• 1 package Profile Rice
• ½ cup Profile Zesty Asian Vinaigrette
• 4 tbsp Cornstarch
• 1 tbsp Sesame oil
• 4 tbsp Water
• In the insert of the crockpot, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, Zesty Asian Vinaigrette, sesame oil, onion and garlic.
• Place slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 5 hours.
• When done, whisk together cornstarch and water in small bowl. Pour into crock pot and stir to mix well. Add the frozen broccoli over the beef and sauce. Gently stir to combine. Cover with lid and cook 30 minutes to cook broccoli and thicken sauce.
• Serve over warm Profile rice. Enjoy!
Profile Exchange: 3oz lean protein + 1 serving vegetables