Crocktober Recipe #7 – Shredded Chicken Chili
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe | Submitted by Lindsey Bryan, Certified Profile Coach - Knoxville, TN
The air is crisp, the leaves are changing color and the cool fall breeze lets us open all our windows and enjoy the season. Whether you're curling up with a good book in your sweatpants by the fireplace or carving pumpkins with your kids on a blustery autumn afternoon, we can all agree: there's lots to love about fall! Perhaps the most underrated facet of fall is the food. Fall is slow cooker season and Profile is excited to celebrate the month of 'Crocktober' by releasing a new crock pot recipe every Tuesday and Thursday in October. So prep your food, set it and forget it with amazing 'Crocktober' recipes from Profile!
• 2 Chicken breasts, large
• 1/2 tbsp Garlic powder
• 1 Jalapeno
• 1/2 Onion
• 1 (28 oz) can Tomatoes
• 2 packs Profile Creamy Chicken Soup (pre-mix)
• 2 packs Profile Tomato Soup (pre-mix)
• 1 tbsp Chili powder
• 1 Salt and pepper
• 1 tbsp Cumin
• 1 tbsp Butter
• 4 oz Fat Free Cream cheese
• Prepare chicken by cooking chicken breasts in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours, just barely covered in liquid. Once the meat is no longer pink, remove from fluid and shred with two forks. Rotisserie chicken meat can be substituted for the breasts as well.
• In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
• Add the shredded chicken, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, jalapeno and Profile Creamy Chicken and Tomato soup to the crockpot and gently stirring over the burner. Cook for 30-60 minutes on low.
• Cut cream cheese into small, 1-inch chunks.
• Remove lid and mix in the cream cheese. Stir until the cream cheese is completely blended in. Salt and pepper to taste.
Profile Exchange: 4oz very lean protein + 1 serving vegetables
Dietary Fiber: 2g