Crocktober Recipe #3 – Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Click Here for Downloadable Version of this Recipe | Submitted by Gloria Nance, Certified Profile Coach - Mankato, MN
The air is crisp, the leaves are changing color and the cool fall breeze lets us open all our windows and enjoy the season. Whether you're curling up with a good book in your sweatpants by the fireplace or carving pumpkins with your kids on a blustery autumn afternoon, we can all agree: there's lots to love about fall! Perhaps the most underrated facet of fall is the food. Fall is slow cooker season and Profile is excited to celebrate the month of 'Crocktober' by releasing a new crock pot recipe every Tuesday and Thursday in October. So prep your food, set it and forget it with amazing 'Crocktober' recipes from Profile!
• 12 ounces of chicken breast, sliced
• 2 packages of Profile chili
• 1 red, orange and green bell pepper, julienned
• 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced*
• 2 teaspoons of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
• 2 tablespoons of lime juice
• 1 teaspoon of chili powder
• 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
• 2 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
• Canola oil in oil mister
Optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro with chopped avocado or Greek yogurt.
• Turn slow cooker to high. Spray lightly with canola oil.
• Turn slow cooker to low, and add all other ingredients in order listed above. Stir well. **
• Cook for 4-8 hours, until veggies reach desired texture and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees.
*If using pre-minced garlic, use 2-3 teaspoons.
**If you are going to save a portion of this recipe beyond 24 hours, it is recommended that wait to add the Profile Chili into that portion. For example, you can divide the recipe in half, placing half of the ingredients in a freezer bag without adding the chili to that portion. Then, add only one package of the ingredients to the slow cooker.
Profile Exchange: 4 ounces of Very Lean Protein, 1 Free Food and approximately 1/2 cup of veggies